1. Entertainment

How (and why) did Bob Marley Die?

By January 14, 2009

It's a fairly well-known fact among Bob Marley's fans that he died of cancer, which began as skin cancer on his foot but later spread to his lungs and brain. What's lesser-known, though, is that death may have been preventable, but would have required an amputation, which Marley turned down. As a devout Rastafarian, Marley believed that the body is meant to be kept whole and that amputation is a sin. Additionally, some Rastafarians believe that physical immortality (staying alive in your actual body) is possible, and by acknowledging one's own death ensures that it'll happen soon. This decision led to a great deal of dissent within the Rastafarian community, as well as among non-Rastas worldwide, but what I think everyone can agree on is that Bob Marley's death left a huge void in the reggae community, and in the music community at large. Learn more about the death of this legend.

Comments

May 1, 2009 at 6:15 pm
(1) Gina says:

I met Bob Marley in a hotel in Los Angeles, in 1970 or 1980. The story is vivid, Marley, The Wailers, he pronounced Wallers, and the I threes, along with a young male child, happened to be staying on the same floor I was put on.
I listened to Jamming and a few other songs in their hotel room,drank from a coconut, he told me that his foot was messed up, but he wasn’t sure what he was going to do about it.

What an experience!

May 13, 2009 at 4:38 pm
(2) Kirstin Sides-Giedd says:

Bob Marley is my fricking hero! even tho he smoked weed didnt make him a bad person. i really wish that he was still alive today so i could meet the legend,but sadly he died befo i waz born and it sux. oh well at least i can still listen to his muzik. Peace, Love and Marley.

May 14, 2009 at 11:33 am
(3) spike says:

Bob Marley was a good man and a great pot head

May 25, 2009 at 3:23 pm
(4) Ryan says:

“Even though he smoked weed?” Smoking pot does not make someone “good” or “bad”. It just means you like to partake in an activity less harmful than alcohol or even tobacco. Millions of us have at least tried smoking pot, and it is time that we in America legalized marijuana. Prohibition creates criminals, and in pots case, non violent ones that eat up our tax dollars. Prison is for those that harm people, not non violent marijuana offenders!

May 25, 2009 at 7:33 pm
(5) Megan Romer, World Music Guide says:

Hey everyone, while I appreciate all of your comments, let’s remember that this is a place to talk about music, not pot… there are plenty of places on the interwebs where the marijuana debate is plentiful and intelligent, but this isn’t really one of them. Cool? Cool. Thanks, y’all!

June 26, 2009 at 4:38 am
(6) John says:

really.. is that all we remember him for is what he put in,not put out?!? this man changed the world, his life goal wasn’t to see how many joints he could get down before passing out, it was about changing racial hates in the world. he smoked pot to escape from what people have created, and if that’s all you think he is,is some pot smoking god, or something,than why even poison his good name with your habit. this is not what he wanted his name to be remembered for, he wanted to be the man to create that “one love”, the love for all of the earth people.

August 5, 2009 at 1:34 am
(7) ishmael says:

Bob marley touch a lot of people even me I love his music so much it keep me in peace went I listen to him am relex lov bob

October 18, 2009 at 4:42 pm
(8) joe says:

bob marley is not only the best singer ever but the greatest pot head that ever lived.

November 27, 2009 at 7:37 pm
(9) sherwin says:

bob marley was not a pot head for pot heads cant tell you what yesterday was or what tomorrow will bring. bob marley wants us to see him sitting next to the almighty GOD . but before we can see that we have to understand ourselves and who we really are. your color is obsolete in heaven and here on earth. its your race that matters and this is all of us as THE HUMAN RACE. from so many ……………ONE ( Sherwin A Antoine )

December 3, 2009 at 9:33 pm
(10) argg says:

I HATE YOU GINA!! so lucky.. he was playing soccer when someone with metal cleats stepped on his toe and later developed into cancer. R.I.P

December 3, 2009 at 9:56 pm
(11) donnie says:

wow i mean i dont care if he smoked weed lol i do

December 6, 2009 at 3:32 am
(12) Nick says:

One love Bob… this man truly changed things in this world before he died and even till this day. Just play any one of his songs and your problems are gone

December 8, 2009 at 11:38 am
(13) Joe Mamma says:

4:20 Bob marley woulda wanted this!

January 5, 2010 at 5:49 pm
(14) Brittany says:

BoB Marley was a gud person he had lots of fans nd it was probally sad for people tew find out bout his death im only 12 but knoee plenty some of yu might think that i dont knoee nuthin so i need tew stop writing bout him but just im young dont mean nuthing !!! nd if yu really wanna knoee how i knoee bot them days well cuz of this little thing research im suree yu all knoee so dont need tew explain my self knoee farther !!! well it was probally a sad death nd even if i wasnt alive in them days hes a gud person !!! i truley mean what i said !!!

January 5, 2010 at 5:51 pm
(15) Brittany says:

ohh yeahh i forgot tew say smoking dont make some one a gud or bad person so dont think that cuz its not likee that !!!

January 11, 2010 at 10:46 pm
(16) brittney says:

bob marley…..a good man is gone. i listen to his music and all of a sudden i get happier. rather he smoked or not was not the piont. the important thing is the messages he tried to send. he believed in “one love”. and after i have delt with my own type of pain in race,gender, and religion i spread his thoughts and words. they helpd me. dnt discriminate. those that have been discriminated agaist…..dont worry be happy.

January 14, 2010 at 8:20 pm
(17) Brittany says:

Lol. Bob Marley is EVERYBODY’s hero. He played music. WOO FREAKING HOO. “He’s not a bad person b/c he smoked weed.” Lol I love how people reiterrate that. I don’t care if he smoked crack, he was a musician. That’s great. Thanks for the great music. But he’s not a hero. That’s sad how much we hype pu and idolize people who sing and play instruments rather than people who actually deserve. (Say .. people who save lives. Rather than sitting around writing tunes and smoking joints.) Jesus you are all pathetic.
You see the same thing going on with Michael Jackson. “Greatest Entertainer ever” SO WHAT he touched little boys and turned himself into a physical freak! It’s exactly that= ENTERTAINMENT. We should not be placing these people onto such a high pedastul. You are all examples of why the world thrives on ignorance.

January 21, 2010 at 8:19 pm
(18) worldmusic says:

The world would be an awfully bleak place if it weren’t for artists, wouldn’t it? I think that artists and musicians do very important work — they keep us all sane, for starters. As for Bob Marley smoking pot, that’s really not the issue, is it? He did it for religious reasons; I suspect that most of the people who are commenting here on its “awesomeness” are doing it for entirely different reasons.

February 5, 2010 at 9:34 pm
(19) Xia says:

No matter WHAT ur going through or WHAT ur dealing with in ur life, there is a Bob Marley song that speaks to it and can give you hope to get through a tough spot. This man was truly a prophet and His words were divinely inspired.

Right now I’m dealing with some ‘bad mind’ haters and by playing “dem ago tiyad fi see mi face”(Bad Card) I feel better already!!

Thanks Bob!

February 8, 2010 at 11:10 pm
(20) Nate says:

Haha brittany chill out. And bob marley is the man. End of story.

February 12, 2010 at 10:25 pm
(21) Venice says:

I never knew how he died nor the man of peace that he was in detail. Actually, was watching a documentary tonight about the gangs in kingston and all the corruption tonight. Bob was mentioned of course because he tried to bring the two sides together. His home was ambushed and his wife was shot in the head. After he came out of a 14 month hiding he had some big concert with the two leaders on stage and he tried to make them hold hands. I have always liked his music eventhough I wasnt born till the late seventies. The show mentioned he died of cancer but did not go into the specifics. I did a search on the type of cancer and found this site. Reading the bio above it seems that it was a really virulent form of skin cancer called melanoma. RIP Bob Marley!!!!!!

February 27, 2010 at 11:33 pm
(22) Don't worry, every' ting' is gonna be alright! says:

Hello,
From what i understand, and have read, “BOB”said that he was injected with cancer by the white man! i truley believe that ” BOB ” was Prophizied.A true prophet of Jehovah. Who that IS ,because HE IS.

March 4, 2010 at 6:31 pm
(23) Ashley says:

Ok Brittany. Your pathetic, and he is a hero to a lot of people. He’s inspired a lot of people including me. Not by drugs, by his songs. There all about like One Love and Everythnigs going to be alright “three little birds” Just because you don’t like him you don’t have to go trash talk him on a website. RIP Bob Marley :) <33

March 17, 2010 at 8:06 pm
(24) Brianna says:

Omge I luvd bob marely I didt evn no he died omge I wish he and his family the best of wishes

March 19, 2010 at 6:15 am
(25) YO MAYN says:

nyc man…..BOB MARLEY…R.I.P…..]

March 23, 2010 at 12:41 am
(26) Rjz says:

Bob Marley, is someone who deserved to be idolized. Even if he is a normal person, what made him so big? yeah, his music did. And what was he known to do a lot? Blaze. He left it to us to put the puzzle together.. hmm.. Bob Marley and Chronic, made MUSIC! omg!
Clearly if he smoked that much, it has to have had some affect in his life. And this affect was music.
Art is art, and his came from marijuana. Some people have a hard time accepting such facts. Some stubborn people have their mind set, to what things are. i dont want to point names, but they rhyme with shmederalists.

March 23, 2010 at 5:24 pm
(27) Caylee says:

Bob Marley is the man, legit. r.i.p bm!

March 27, 2010 at 6:36 pm
(28) savannah says:

omg brittany shut up you dont know anything go trash talk somewhere else he was a great person.

April 2, 2010 at 2:12 pm
(29) anahi says:

i am 11 years lod but i liked bob maRLEY SINCE I WAZ A LITTLE GIRL I LOVE THE SONG THREE THREE LITTLE BIRDS I LOVE BOB MARLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 9, 2010 at 7:08 pm
(30) killuminati says:

I would have smoked a bowl of budda with him any day!!

May 10, 2010 at 2:32 pm
(31) The truth says:

Bob Marley was killed. He didn’t die of cancer.

May 27, 2010 at 2:11 am
(32) tivo. (: says:

Sure Bob Marely Smoked tons of Hemp in his lifes time, But as you can clearley see he doesn’t want to be remembered for smoking weed, or being a “pot head” as of todays terms. But he wanted to be that Guy that was remembered for Bringing one Love, For all of us to stop war, and to stop being such Douche bags to and in the world. He was a Walking God I’d Say.
He is and always will be my True Hero.

May 30, 2010 at 12:16 am
(33) YeaaaBoiiiiii says:

tivo, Hemp is not weed. Hemp contains THC but it also contains a Sort of Anti-THC that blocks out the high, so it would be pointless to smoke.

June 1, 2010 at 12:01 pm
(34) Serita Tiauli says:

are you positive?
word from his sister was he stood on a rusty nail or was that rusty nail made by the spirit of illuminatis?
ever heard his song live up?
it exposes the world of illuminati and what they want us to do….
kill each other and make war…but you know what we can rise up from that.

June 8, 2010 at 1:21 am
(35) Kay says:

Bob was the man. Rastafari Forever!

“Excuse me while I light my spliff; (spliff)
Good God, I gotta take a lift: (lift)
From reality I just can’t drift; (drift)
That’s why I am staying with this riff. (riff)”

Peace & Love

June 21, 2010 at 4:45 am
(36) liam baggaley says:

i think u lot who are haters to him should justr leave him too rest in peace, i was alive when he died but what ive heard of his music and him he is BRILLIANT! HERO

June 25, 2010 at 5:03 am
(37) JOHN.B says:

WHY LEAVE A COMMENT TO ARGUE…BOB MARLEY WAS THE GREATEST AND IF U KNOW HE IS A RASTA SO SMOKIN POT WAS PART OF HIS RELIGION…SO PEACE, ONE LOVE ONE HEART LETS GET TOGETHER TO SMOKE A JOINT AND FEEL ALRIGHT….

June 26, 2010 at 8:33 pm
(38) Chey says:

Bob Marley was a great man, Yes, i know maybe some people dislike him and rather not know anything about him and other may love him for his amazing skill and he did touch people’s heart. But not everyone is the same, We shouldn’t all be having a go at each other because he doesn’t like him or she does like him, so what if you like or disliked him, big deal, everyone is different so seriously everyone stop having a go at each other… I’m sure (for the bob marley fans) that bob marley surely wouldn’t want us to be having a go at each other because some like him and some don’t, just everyone chill and live life to the full, we only got one chance so give it your best. God bless you all. And R.I.P Bob Marely.

July 3, 2010 at 1:18 am
(39) peter says:

gina thats bull&%^$ u know it

July 4, 2010 at 4:20 am
(40) phillip says:

ummm to gina
how can u not remember if u met Bob in 1970 or 1980, thats a preety big difference in years.

July 7, 2010 at 4:49 pm
(41) TEJAS LAD says:

i love {BOB MARLEY} alot i wll alwayz pay a tribute to him cozzz.his only 1 god of me!!!!!!!! i wish he would have been alive i wold have smoked with him a lot a day????love u bob may u get peace in heaven!!!!!1

August 8, 2010 at 4:56 pm
(42) Adam says:

As I get older, I think I understand his music even more and the importance of his message of peace. People like him help people like me understand that a war within oneself is nothing to have for a good life. Peace is where you want to be.

August 18, 2010 at 8:01 am
(43) ROBERT ROSS says:

Bob Marley wasnt a God… Bob Marley was a man. A man who had a very spiritual awakening, who loved mankind and wanted the rest of us too also., No different than John Lennon. He made great music., and was the number one selling Reggae Artist of all time., which, in truth, isnt saying a lot, since there arent that many out there, much less ones of the same caliber as far as talent. What he had to say in his songs is still relevant today., though fruitless, being that the world gets worse everyday, and our the governments continue to kill abroad from greed and sheer meglomaniacal stupidity. The people that love Bob Marley are generally peace loving individuals that want something better for this world, and that passion and desire is what sets them, and he from the rest. Bob Marley was a great man with a vision, a vision that was never, and will never be realized, but he lived and sang about what he stood for and believed in, which had more meaning than 95% of the artist that are out there today. He did it because he believed in the message that he was trying to get across, and not for the money as most other musicians are and have always been seeking. Bob believed in the good in mankind, and wanted so much more for the human race than what we ended up with. Yeah, he smoked pot. So f&#$ing what. The majority of musicians do, myself included., along with a growing number of people on earth today who see past the bulls&$^ rhetoric politicians base their platforms on, and cops arrest us for. Bob celebrated Gods gift of marijuana, and sang about it as well. For you people that associate him with marijuana rather than for who he was, what he believed in, and the message he tried to convey, youre immature, pathetic morons who should shut the hell up until you yourself mature a bit more and discover him for what he truly was, rather than what he chose to roll… you people make me sick. I thank Bob Marley for the gift of enlightenment he brought to the world with his beliefs and music, as you should to. Educate yourselves before running your mouths, and then educate others as well. R.I.P. Bob Marley.., this bowl, and many before, and after, will be fired up for you, my Rastafarian Brother. You touched my heart and soul many years ago, and continue to do the same today. Robert L. Ross.

September 12, 2010 at 4:52 am
(44) Jah says:

If ya really were Marley fans, ya wouldnt be quarrellin with eachother about unimportant things, learn to respect one another, and let sny comments slide, they aren’t worth the trouble, bob tried to each us all one thing, one love

September 17, 2010 at 8:24 am
(45) god says:

bob died early cos he couldnt keep his tool in his pants.
come on, the dude had 50 kids from 50 different women.
in my opinion, that like cancer itself.

October 28, 2010 at 10:28 pm
(46) Rastafariancutie says:

@godsays Bob Marley only had 13 kids!!! now if we were talking about Paul Gauguin then it would be a different story LOL xD. His tool fell OFF b/c of all the women he had been with

November 18, 2010 at 10:59 pm
(47) zoey says:

please,,, “gina” im damn sure that didnt happen,,, dont even trip ,,, if that happened to me i would know the exact year,,, u would at least remember what year. R.I.P. bob marley,,, and he should be idolized “brittany” he is an amazing man,, even iff he was always smoking,,, u must not know what the hell ur talkin about cuz he is one of my favorite persons,,, everyone talkin and dissin on bob cut ur crap cuz thats like dissin on him u guys r messt ,,, and heres to u bob,,, i hope theirs a 4:20 in heaven ,,, hit me up in 100 years and i’ll help roll a fatty,,, and these ppl dissin will be begging for trips:) i call greens:) – zoey

December 8, 2010 at 2:59 pm
(48) Dalton says:

Bob Marley… what a name. what a very known name in history. im doing a report on him right this second in school and i got to say all the s*** i just read from eveyone else and you guys need to stop worring about what he did like weed who cares its his choice it was his life its not bad it cant kill you so that makes it not a bad thing. in all this everyone should learn only one thing and thats that Bob was a great guy and he wanted one thing for everyone and that was to dont worry and be happy. sounds like god huh well bob could have been an angle sent down to teach us something. one love my brother one love

December 14, 2010 at 2:39 am
(49) tido says:

vvvv– gina dont lie you made that story up. you did not see bob marley and you deffinetly didnt sip coconut juice out of a coconut with him either. your a compulsive liar and you should really get help

December 17, 2010 at 7:47 pm
(50) Jay says:

Bob Marley is my hero too, however i heard his music recently. i instantly loved him…. peace

December 26, 2010 at 3:48 pm
(51) bob marley fan says:

bob marley is a legend
he shud never hav died
dus anyone no the real reason how he dies becuz ders lots of differnt stories
and tido u dnt no if gina met bob marley
u probz just jelouse
and no one diss bob marley cuz he was top
gwan den bob marley R.I.P

January 19, 2011 at 11:40 am
(52) oscar says:

just for the record, he smoked pot because it was a part of his religion.

January 25, 2011 at 11:36 am
(53) andreu gayy guyy says:

omqeee i love bob marley

February 12, 2011 at 9:31 pm
(54) SonnyC says:

Robert Nesta Marley. LEDGEND. he didn’t smoke the herb for religious reasons, he smoked it as a way of meditation. u dun av to smoke ganja 2 be a Rasta. Also he wasnt just a God of Reggae, he was a philosopher and a voice for the oppressed people of this Concrete jungle we livin in, where the corrupt government want to keep da herb illegal. It is a PLANT! every1 talkin bwt it like it a major drug. Babylon (Police) scared bcuz if we all smoked ganja they would be out of action coz we wud b chillin and makin LOVE not WAR. Reeespect 2 all da herb tokerz. Respec 2 all that want peace. One love.

February 15, 2011 at 9:46 pm
(55) victoria says:

bob marley is one of the greatest singers !!! and i know he will always be with us through his music R.I.P BOB MARLEY

February 25, 2011 at 9:52 pm
(56) stfu says:

@sonnyc stop tryin to talk like a rasta its really obvious your faking it

February 27, 2011 at 12:13 pm
(57) noob says:

I thought bob marly was killed by the govt. for singing to prez. obama

March 3, 2011 at 10:48 am
(58) Dirty Nowak says:

“Babylon (Police) scared bcuz if we all smoked ganja they would be out of action coz we wud b chillin and makin LOVE not WAR. ” – sonnyc hahahahaha that’s the best thing I’ve read. I went over all the comments on this and I had a blast. RIP Bob Marley

March 11, 2011 at 5:00 am
(59) pits95 says:

I had a dvd with bob’s songs nd i played it almost everyday, he’s a good musician nd a great artist.He wanted to gather all the races and unite them, it’s true that’s why he gathered all races and variety of lice in his head and died……………………..
i only heard the last bit from a friend, don’t know if it’s true!!!
but i mean the first line!!!

March 14, 2011 at 1:10 pm
(60) robert says:

isnt it ironic how we all smoke the chronic but cant cope with the fact that our governments laws are wack, we need to realize that pot heads will keep getting stoned so just leave the rest of us who are intelligent alone, if your dumb your dumb if your smart your smart. Leave weed out of the problem which society makes us think it takes apart.

March 15, 2011 at 11:32 pm
(61) SonnyC says:

every1 stop sayin Ginas a liar! its not even that hard to believe. Marley was a man of the people and not just an artist out for cash. he realy did care for EVERYONE! even people who didnt like him! the man was a prophit in my eyes and not enough people listened to him OBVIOUSLY as people still sellin crack 2 kids n murderin. if Gina says she sipped coconut milk wid Bob i believe her. coz its the kind of thing a selfless man like him would do. To WorldMusic, it wasn’t part of his religion 2 smoke ganja. he just saw through all da government Buuuuulls*it sayin how bad it is, he knew it opened his mind to creativity, which is the reason its illegal, because it lets your mind roam free. They want to brainwash us, y else wud it b illegal!? its a plant! and i think without herb his music wouldn’t have been as good…. Just my view. Ganja or not the mans a God

April 4, 2011 at 6:55 pm
(62) smurff says:

omgggg I luhhhh bob marley he was a great musician… Gina dnt listen to stupid ppl I wish I could have but imbot evn 19 yet yeahhhh he smoked weed but so do I regaurdless he was great without thaaa weed it wouldn’t have been the same tho I love his music it brings peace so yahhh check it an chill outtttt:))

April 27, 2011 at 10:39 pm
(63) vanessa says:

wow u say for cancer in his leg then lungs to brain but others say from cancer in his tongue why dnt u guys jst say u dnt now instead of making stupid explanitins that make no sense if u dnt now dnt sat. like they say get ur facts straight before you tak so u have bak up

May 11, 2011 at 2:36 pm
(64) Zack says:

He is da man!
i am look up at him!
i do smoke a weed for him!
he make me love my life!
because of weed cause my life even better!

May 18, 2011 at 12:08 pm
(65) roger says:

bob Marley is a good guy. yes we all know he smoked pot who hasnt. ever time i listen to his songs my worrys go away.

May 30, 2011 at 2:04 am
(66) Chelsea says:

RIP bob marley from chelsea

June 13, 2011 at 2:56 am
(67) EB says:

Omg ! I love BOB ! All yall dissen cuz yall all hatein ; the man is a legend ! He was working on peace ! & what. Yall doing beside sitting around dissen people . I mean dang everybody knows he’s amazing ! I wish I could have met him. Just cuz he loved pot don’t mean nothing , that probably helped him . And brittany dang if you trynna talk bout him like that than why are you looking up all of this if you gonna dis him ? That make no sense what so ever . I’m puerto rican / blck / & indian multi-race & I still love him . All races love him I think whtever he was aiming for : multi-races to come together he surely accomplished !

July 23, 2011 at 8:15 pm
(68) bob says:

I didnt even know Bob Marley was dead till I looked up amy’s death and it came up on the options = ..(

July 26, 2011 at 11:36 pm
(69) SonnyC says:

WOW what planet are you on bob?

August 15, 2011 at 4:20 pm
(70) nbee says:

Bob Marley is a beast, what a wonderful legend. He helped change so many lives and he TRIED to change the world. People need to change & the world needs to be changed. With the help of those who are ready and willing we can make it happen & make the Legend proud! PEACE HAPINESS & ONE LOVE yo.

September 15, 2011 at 12:01 pm
(71) BIraj Dutta says:

BoB MaRlEy!!!!!!! U R GoD For me!!!!!!!

October 1, 2011 at 6:06 pm
(72) dwightmlee says:

He lives!!!

October 10, 2011 at 11:23 pm
(73) Cody says:

One question Gina. If your memory is so vivid, why can you not remember what year, or decade you met him in? Meeting him would have been awesome, regardless of when!

October 28, 2011 at 8:46 pm
(74) catrachita says:

well i dont really speak english but i love this sonqq lol

November 30, 2011 at 7:49 pm
(75) Ziggy says:

ayo why you people fussing about the fact that he smokes weed? he shouldn’t be remembered for smoking weed as he is not the only one..infact hes far from that millions of people smoke weed for all different types of reasons and you shouldn’t really be looking at him as a great pothead you should be looking at him as great man who had strong relegious beliefs and believed that everyone was equal. A man that not only stood up for his rights but a man who inspired many and brought a bit of peace and love to the world.

” Explain to me why we can’t all just get along? ” – favourite quote.

PEACE, LOVE and RESPECT is more important than education i say.

December 20, 2011 at 9:15 am
(76) bart says:

lie
for : gina

December 25, 2011 at 12:31 pm
(77) Terry says:

music that this man has produced will be talked about for generations to come. The symbolism and meaning that it represents is something that is real to us in this very moment. Struggle and inequality persists all around the world. It is not until we change ourselves from within that we will ever be able to truley come together and make real changes for the betterment of the people and our environment. Think thoughts of compassion, love, respect and eventually a collective consiousness of all these people working their asses off to produce this positive vibe throught pure thought. Your thoughts manifest people.. This is what I have come to understand as bob marleys main idea.

January 13, 2012 at 7:29 pm
(78) justin says:

i would smoke so much weed with bob and i would play guitar with him…….jah…

January 17, 2012 at 9:58 am
(79) bob says:

bob marley was the man rastafari 4eva

January 18, 2012 at 4:23 am
(80) tommy says:

jason derulo is a better sing

January 19, 2012 at 12:17 pm
(81) to everyone says:

Scroll to the top of this story, its about what caused him to die not about what he smoked, what he played, etc. So everyone shut the hell up & quit debating over something everyone knows nothing about. He wanted everyone to get along not be at each other throats, if you all can’t see that, I’m assuming the majority of you guys are truly not the fans yall claim to be.

February 17, 2012 at 10:48 am
(82) bernie says:

I DNT BELEAVEA ANY OV THESA COMMENTS. U A ALLA FULLA CRAP!!!!

February 27, 2012 at 8:24 pm
(83) onelove says:

Bob marley was a great man he knew who he was he never changed himself to make pepole like him his music has changed the world he belived in one love all Bob marley wanted was to be remberd for his music and who he was not for weed and people think of him as a pot head no Bob marely was no pothead he was a saint who in my oppion could have changed the world

February 29, 2012 at 5:14 am
(84) daniel lamie says:

bob marley is the man he was the top don rastafarian 4eva bluddddd

February 29, 2012 at 1:09 pm
(85) weedman says:

i think if u dont smoke weed ur missing the bob marley exprenice

March 3, 2012 at 10:14 am
(86) Ladyreni says:

Ok are there no healthcare professionals who listen to reggae? All reports seem to mention a foot issue. A non healing foot injury could have started via a cleats accident. He got an injured foot playing soccer and didn’t get it treated it could have developed a gangrenous infection which could have lead to severe sepsis infecting his entire body ( including his lungs and brain) leading to death. That is most likely what lead to his death. We didn’t have the greatest antibiotics back then. Amputation was and still is sometimes the only treatment for gangrene.

March 21, 2012 at 9:09 am
(87) Tae says:

That was unnessecary spike.

June 9, 2012 at 12:43 am
(88) dario says:

MARIJUANA, MARIJUANA, MARIJUANA. I LOVE MARIJUANA, SMOKE THAT SHEEEEET.
one love <3

June 11, 2012 at 1:37 pm
(89) Dakota_Chambers says:

I love the Marley Man ….. One Love!!!! R.i.p. Bob Marley

June 11, 2012 at 1:38 pm
(90) Dakota_Chambers says:

I <3 the Marley man……One love

August 7, 2012 at 8:12 am
(91) colin says:

Bob Marley touched me! In places id rather not say…

August 8, 2012 at 4:22 pm
(92) James says:

Bob was a great humanitarium and a true modern day prophet through his music. Not only speaking out about the wrongs going on in his own country, but helping out in liberating Zimbabwe. I could only dream of seeing him in Concert. Just imagine a grey haired 68 year old dreaddy still singing one of my favorite songs Jah Live.